The FLOTTWEG SEDICANTER® - for sophisticated separation
FLOTTWEG SEDICANTERS® are used for the separation of solids from liquids with the solids forming a soft to flowable sediment.
FLOTTWEG SEDICANTERS® are used in cases where the solids are too-fine grained to be processed in a decanter and the sediment cannot be easily discharged from the decanter due to its soft consistency.
During the separation process, the liquid and solids move in the same direction without having to pass through a turbulent inlet zone. The centrate is discharged through an adjustable impeller within the scroll. The sediment formed in the SEDICANTER® , the heavy phase, is accumulated and pressed out of the bowl under an immersion disc.
Applications for the SEDICANTER®
Typical applications for the SEDICANTERS® include "soft products" such as
- yeast suspensions
- protein suspensions
- fermentation broths
- CIP- cleaning liquids
- activated sludge free from rejects
- fruit juice by-products
- soap separation from oil refining processes
Technical features of the SEDICANTER®
- Up to 10,000 x g centrifugal force possible to facilitate the separation of very fine, slow settling solids
- Uniquely designed feed distributor and bowl seal to prevent foaming in the product inlet zone
- Gas-tight machine design available
- Hygienic design, to meet biotechnological industry standards
- Fluorpolymer rotor seals available for sophisticated applications
- Optional drives including the FLOTTWEG SIMP-DRIVE®.