FLOTTWEG OSE-DECANTERS for the thickening of sewage sludge
Surplus sludge is thickened from around 0,5 – 1% dry substance to an adjustable 5 – 8% dry substance, thereby reducing its volume by approximately 90 – 95%. This significantly supports the ensuing digesting process; the digester’s capacity can be used more efficiently. An optimized digesting process results in cost reduction and in an improvement of sludge quality.
Instead of pure surplus sludge, it is also possible to process mixed or primary sludge.
Based on many years of experience, the FLOTTWEG OSE-DECANTER (OSE = Optimum sludge thickening) was developed specifically for sludge thickening. Its outstanding qualities are high economic effectiveness, high reliability, and minimum maintenance cost. As a rule, the additional use of polymer flocculating aids is not necessary.
FLOTTWEG OSE-DECANTERS are available for flow rates ranging from around 20 to 250m3/h (90 to 1100 gpm) per decanter.
FLOTTWEG OSE-DECANTERS – advantages in comparison to other thickening processes
- Compact design, small footprint, yet high flow rates
- Closed design that prevents odor emission
- Easy to operate and control through continuous and automatic operation
- 24-hour operation without monitoring
- Limited or no polymer demand, thereby reducing operation costs and supporting the ensuing digesting process
- Low specific energy demand
- All product wetted parts are made of high stainless steel
- Wear protection results in low maintenance and long life
- Easy cleaning by flashing